Truelok - Ring Fixation System
Anatomical site: Knee, tibia, Ankle, Foot
Procedure: Fractures, deformity correction, lengthening
The Ilizarov system (practically the reference and pioneer system of circular fixation) experienced many modifications over the last fifty years. The TrueLok™ External Fixation System, developed at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children (TSRHC) in Dallas Texas, is one of the modern variants of the original fixator, but preserves many of the original principles of Professor Ilizarov.
Features & Benefits
- Pre-assembled hinges, angular distractors, and other functional components which are easy to connect, align and operate
- Hinges and angular distractors preserve their alignment even when temporarily disconnected during osteotomy, frame manipulation or component exchange
- Linear and angular distractors require only one simple motion to effect adjustments
- Universal components, such as the wire and half pin fixation bolts, reduce the number of parts needed in surgery
- Wire and half pin fixation bolts with serrations and grooves provide superior bone segment stabilization
- The serrations machined on connection elements prevents undesired rotation and component loosening during treatment
- Superior metal-plastic interface on angular and linear distractors is equally stable during and between adjustments
- TrueLok™’s modular nature allows customisable frame constructs to treat a variety of orthopaedic conditions with fewer components
- Hinges offer self-aligning flexibility during three-dimensional frame adjustment
- Full control of bone segments accomplished with TrueLok™ allows precise movement of segments without compromising stability
- Lightweight (ring made out of aluminium)
- Nonunions/ malunions
- Limb lengthening
- Deformity corrections
For paediatrics, the same indications apply provided a growth plate is not compromised.
For further information (including brochures) please do not hesitate to contact us. You may also have a look at the Orthofix Website.