Anatomical site: Hand, foot
Procedure: Deformity correction, fractures, lengthening
The MiniRail system is a stable solution for fractures and for lengthening of small bones.
The Rail Fixator is indicated for foot and hand lengthening in adults and for paediatric forearm lengthening.
Features & Benefits
The system allows precise, controlled compression / distraction.
The Articulated MiniRail Fixator is hinged to allow adjustment in a horizontal or vertical access and is used for comminuted intra-articular fractures, joint stiffness, or arthrodesis of the foot or hand. The hinge system allows range of motion at the joint during treatment.
- Metacarpal and metatarsal lengthening
- Calcaneal lengthening
- Paediatric forearm lengthening
- Metacarpal, metatarsal and phalangeal lengthening
- Joint arthrodesis
- Joint stiffness; Comminuted intra-articular fractures
- Soft tissue correction in patients with neurological disorders (e.g. cerebral palsy)
- Arthrodesis of the 1st carpo-metacarpal joint following soft tissue correction
- Complex Upper Extremity Deformities
- Hand Contractures
- Wrist Contractures
- Indicated for Paediatrics through Adult