Inion GTR Tack For Dental Surgery
The Inion GTR™ Biodegradable Tacks are intended to be used with the biodegradable membrane by fastening the membrane in position.
The use of Inion GTR™ Tacks with the biodegradable membrane is indicated for surgical treatment of periodontal defects (e.g. class II furcation defects, intrabony defects and recession type defects), for pre-implant and peri-implant surgery and for covering bone defects and empty sockets.
The Inion GTR™ Biodegradable Tacks are made of degradable copolymers composed of L-Lactide acid, D-lactic acid, and trimethylene carbonate. These polymers degrade in vivo by hydrolysis into alpha-hydroxy acids that are metabolized by the body.
The Inion GTR™ Tacks are provided in a plastic dispenser and supplied as sterile, single use products.
Fast and easy to use
- Simple Tack loading by the single use or reusable Tack Applicator
- Easy to reach the surgical site by choosing either angled or straight end of the Tack Applicator to insert the Tack
- Immediate Tack placement after drilling through the membrane - No suturing is necessary
- Biodegradable: no removal surgery needed; based on the in vitro testing, the Tacks retain approximately 80% of their initial strength 8 weeks after implantation
- Safe and synthetic biomaterials