Anatomical site: Femur and tibia
Procedure: Limb Lengthening
The FITBONE® intramedullary limb-lengthening system was developed in partnership with Professor Baumgart. The product was launched in 1997. Since then, this innovative treatment concept has grown into a global success story. The FITBONE TAA intramedullary lengthening system is intended for limb lengthening of the femur and tibia. With appropriate preoperative planning, it is possible to make axial and torsional corrections as part of limb lengthening.
Reliability / Quality / Experience: Several thousand implants since 1997.
Features & Benefits
- Cutting-edge German engineering.
- Several thousand devices implanted since 1997.
- No over-reaming necessary.
- Accurate and controlled limb lengthening achieved with threefold visual and audible control feedback.
- There is no interference with magnetic instruments or devices.
- Accidental retraction is not possible.
- Comfortable lengthening process facilitated with the small, lightweight and silent Control Set.
- Reliable feedback from the system throughout the lengthening process.
- A small, light-weight Control Set.
- Quick reintegration into daily routines.
- High treatment comfort.
- Short hospitalization.
- Minimal risk of infection.
- High product safety.
- Little scarring.
- “The potential advantages are many: fewer scars, improved aesthetics, better body image and psychological well-being, no irritation through pins and wires, reduced pain, uncommon infections, secondary axial deviation avoided, less joint stiffness, higher activity level during lengthening consolidation, faster rehabilitation, less risk of neurovascular compromise due to wire or screw insertion, and improvement in the ability to work during and after treatment."
FITBONE is an intramedullary lengthening system for limb lengthening of the femur and tibia.
For further information (including brochures) please do not hesitate to contact us. You may also have a look at the Orthofix Website.